Monday, July 18, 2011

WAR Games Con Game IV v. Lamenters (BA)


So this past weekend was WAR Games Con here in Austin, Texas and, like I posted last, I decided t0 break out my old Craftworld Eldar. You can see the list I played here.

Game IV
Dawn of War
Random Game Length

Primary: Capture and Control
Secondary: Annihilation
Tertiary: Kill the most expensive HQ


Game 4 I played against Donovan and his really nice air-brushed Lamenters. He works for Next Level Painting. His army looked like this:

HQ
Reclusiarch
Librarian w/ Shield, Lance

Elites
Terminator Assault Squad w/ 3*Thunder Hammers
3*Priests

Troops
5*Assault Marines w/ Flamer, Power Weapon
in Razorback w/ Lascannon & Plasmagun
5*Assault Marines w/ Flamer, Power Weapon
in Razorback w/ Lascannon & Plasmagun
5*Assault Marines w/ Flamer, Power Weapon
in Razorback w/ Lascannon & Plasmagun
5*Assault Marines w/ Flamer, Power Weapon
in Razorback w/ Lascannon & Plasmagun
10*Assault Marines w/ 2*Meltaguns, Powerfist

Fast Attack
'Baal' Predator w/ Flamestorm, Dozer Blade
'Baal' Predator w/ Flamestorm, Dozer Blade

Heavy Support
Stormraven w/ Lascannon, Multi-melta, Extra Armour

I win the first turn roll and opt to go second. I deploy nothing and opt to roll on turn 1. I make a major mistake off the bat and choose to overly aggressive. I should have held back a couple turns, especially considering how the early engagement seemed to slow the game down. So here is the top of two, where I have engaged his lines with a unit of Fire Dragons.

I manage to draw out his Terminator squad in his turn 2, they charge tanks and wreck a Serpent. I give him a Bladestorm+Doom reprisal.

Unfortunately I was not able to finish them off with the Avengers so I had to waste Fire Dragon shooting (which was intended for the Stomraven).
Eldrad has to finish off the Reclusiarch in combat (Tertiary).

No more pictures because we only got 4 turns. I lost Annihilation and drew Capture and Control, but I feel like I could have done better with another turn. 12/30.

Post Game Analysis: It was really unfortunate we only got 4 turns, only game I didn't finish all weekend. Donovan had alot of questions about Eldar, and I didn't help any by chatting him up about Lamenters (they just need checkers!). So with 76 points on the day, that left me 2 points out of the GT. Guess I should have gotten that Tertiary Game 1! D'oh!

1 comment:

Amateur Barbarian said...

I love your blog, and love the painting you do. Come and check out my blog, it's still a young upstart and needs followers! Keep up the good work!