Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tir'sahras Craftworld Strikeforce, 'Maunwe Shakar'



This army is my much reviled tournament army, and I've done pretty well with it, winning vast amounts of prize support to build my other armies. They're the workhorse that fuels this ship I call a hobby, but I also really love them. I got quite a bit of flak on my other blog, Bell of Lost Souls, for posting up a Tactica on Mech Eldar. Maybe some forms of the army are an autopilot win, but I really feel I've built mine so that some thought goes into it. But maybe I'm just in denial... here is the armylist as it stands...

HQ
Farseer Agwe: /w Doom, Mind War, a Spirit Stone, Jetbike, Runes of Warding 165

Farseer Oaxaska: /w Doom, Mind War, a Spirit Stone, Warp Jump Generator(Jetbike) 150

Elites
The Flaming Shroud Temple, Fire Dragons*6 w/ Exarch, Crack Shot 113

The Burning Light Temple, Fire Dragons*6 w/ Exarch, Crack Shot 113

The Midnight Dancers, Harlequins*5, Kisses, Troupe Leader w/ Power Weapon 126

Troops
The Shattered Shuriken Temple,

Dire Avengers*10: /w exarch, /w duel avenger catapults, and bladestorm: 152
in Waveserpent: /w scatterlasers, shuriken cannon, spirit stone 135

Dire Avengers*10: /w exarch, /w duel avenger catapults, and bladestorm: 152
in Waveserpent: /w shuriken cannons, shuriken cannon, spirit stone 120

The Wanderers, Pathfinders*6 144

Heavy
Darkfall,Falcon: /w Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holofield, Spirit Stone, Vectored Engines 205

Windfall,Falcon: /w Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holofield, Spirit Stone, Star + Vectored Engines 220

Lightfall,Falcon: /w Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holofield, Spirit Stone, Vectored Engines 205

=2000







6 comments:

bullymike said...

I really like your paint job on this army, and it really is pretty diverse - you've just picked out all the best units from the list and taken several of each. While I definitely empathize with your opponents' frustration, isn't that process one of the major goals of the game? It's not like you went and bought a fully painted army just because you wanted to powergame. I might give you a little shit from time to time but people really bitch about it way too much.

Oh and just a tip, you might think about disabling the word verification for comments - I've not had one spam comment left yet without it.

nicolai said...

just popping in to check out your army.. awesome paint job.

being an eldar player myself, i was wondering how you handle stuff like land raiders with for instance assault marines in.. you seldom want them to advance up in your face unhindered, and this army has no brightlances.

do you just fire every falcon in the army and hope for the best?

thanks for a good weblog :)

Aventine said...

Thats what the double dragon units are for. If the enemy has a vehicle in excess of 200 points (such as a Land Raider) I will set up the Dragons in direct opposition to them and just straight blitz them. Hopefully the LR is dead turn two and its occupants are legging it...

As a side note, this army doesn't really have a face to advance into...

Brent said...

I know this is an old post, but I was surfing and ran across it.

It's simply beautiful. I love your color choices and the decisions you made.

Really nice.

Brent

Legion3000 said...

Wow, if you substituted your blue for my burgundy we would have nearly the same paint scheme and army.

Brad Smith said...

Such a good painter