Friday, January 11, 2008

Current Project: Hivefleet Calavera



Now for what I am working on at the moment, a Tyranid army I have dubbed Hivefleet Calavera. Some may question the bright orange colour scheme, but I have gotten alot of flak for all my armies being too dark, so I had to go all out. Bright orange just seemed like the way to go. This is the list I am working towards,

Hive Fleet Calavera

HQ
Hive Tyrant w/ Enhanced Sense, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, 2* Twin-linked Devourer, Psychic Scream 156
Tyrant Guard w/flesh hooks 46
Hive Tyrant w/ Enhanced Sense, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, 2* Twin-linked Devourer, Psychic Scream 156
Tyrant Guard w/flesh hooks 46

Elites
2*Lictors 160

Troops
16*Hormagaunts 160
16*Hormagaunts 160
6*Stealers w/ extended carapace 120
6*Stealers w/ extended carapace 120
6*Stealers w/ extended carapace 120
6*Stealers w/ extended carapace 120

Fast Attack
Ravener w/ Scythes+Claws 40
Ravener w/ Scythes+Claws 40
Warriors*3 w/ Wings, Scythes+Claws 114

Heavy Support
2*Zoanthropes w/ Psychic Scream, Synapse 110
Carnifex w/ Enhanced Senses, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Reinforced Chitin 163
Carnifex w/ Enhanced Senses, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Reinforced Chitin 163

Basically I tried to take everything that I never see anyone field to make a decidedly un-'power' army, that would still make for fun and competative games. I think I have done reasonably.

Here are the first models I have made for the fleet...







4 comments:

CrusherJoe said...

I think the bright orange looks fantastic. As a matter of fact, I think the entire project looks great. Can't wait to actually see it in action somewhere!

bullymike said...

looking good aventine. sigh you and your workhorse >:D

Aventine said...

Thanks bully and crusher,

It'll be awhile until these boys come out to feed on some biomass....

suneokun said...

I love the colour scheme... harks back to the "bright" colours of the original Advanced Space Crusade. The detail is superb and the army looks awesome on the assault!

One question though - those bug-hunter imperial guard brought all the wrong weapons!?!

Anyhow, I particularly like the Tyrant toting 4 pistols - very John Woo!